Google Chrome is the great browser when compared to browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It is a very popular browser and it attracts people attention with its advanced facilities and friendly approach. Google Chrome is the default browser for many people, but no matter how popular it is, Chrome is not completely safe. While using Google Chrome we habitually face an error called ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in chrome.
It is a very common problem which is faced by Google Chrome users all over the world. So, in today’s article, we are going to discuss how to fix err_spdy_protocol_error on your Google Chrome using some simple methods. You can also learn how to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Google Chrome.
How To Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Google Chrome Error
What is SPDY error?
Before getting into the topic we need to know about What is SPDY error? and Why is this error appearing on chrome? SPDY is a convention of Google chrome which is created to freight the faster web pages and to tweak the security od web. This was officially designed by the Google. But, unfortunately, due to HTTP 2 vulnerability problem Google supporting SPDY protocol as they declare.
What causes err_spdy_protocol_error?
There are basically two reasons for this “ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR” they are.
- Outdated Chrome browser.
- Due to the blocking of Antivirus and Firewall.
How to Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Chrome?
Now, we are going to discuss various methods to fix this Chrome issue eternally from your Google Chrome browser.
1. Updating Chrome
The initial step to solve this issue is to update your Chrome browser to the latest version. Because in your current version may be Chrome cease SPDY protocol supporting. So, try to install latest Chrome release to fix this issue.
2. Incognito mode
Use the incognito mode in your Chrome to get away from this error. It is a very simple process, you can achieve it within seconds. So, just follow the below simple steps to know how to use incognito mode in your Chrome browser.
1. Launch Google Chrome from your PC.
2. After that, click the Menu icon which is available on the right side top of your Chrome.
3. Then, click on “New Incognito Window” option.
Note: By pressing ctrl+shift+N you can open any website in Incognito Window.
3. Chrome Cleanup Tool
If the issue is still insisting on your Chrome clean then Download the Google Chrome cleanup Tool and run it to clean up the Chrome extensions which are causing troubles. You can get the tool by clicking here.
These are the three simple methods to fix this err_spdy_protocol_error on Google Chrome. But, if you are still facing the error then you have to follow some other methods to find the solution. Now, let’s see the methods to find the solution of SPDY_PROTOCOL error.
Method 1 – Using Flushing SPDY Sockets in Chrome Browser
Here, we are going to see the steps to fix “SPDY Protocol Error” on chrome using flushing SPDY sockets. So, follow the below steps carefully.
1. First, open the Chrome on your device and type “chrome://net-internals/#Sockets” in your address box and click Enter.
2. Now, you successfully entered into the socket page.
3. Then, tap on “Flush Socket pools” button.
4. Now, you can see some changes in the socket pools. You can do another set of procedure also to fix this Chrome issue. Just follow the below steps to know about the procedure.
5. Open the Chrome browser on your device.
6. Then, type as “chrome://net-internals/#events&q=type:SPDY-SESSION is :active#Sockets” in the address bar and tap Enter.
7. Now, you have opened the SPDY Session page. Now, you have to move your cursor to the right side bottom of the page.
8. Then, you have to tap on the arrow and click “Flush Sockets” option.
That’s all, this is one of the methods to fix these Chrome issue. Let’s see other methods to solve this SPDY error.
Method 2. Clear All Cache and Cookies
Here, we are going to discuss the steps to fix SPDY protocol by clearing all cache and cookies. Let’s get into the topic without wasting time.
1. As usual, type in the address bar as “chrome://settings/clear browser data” and tap Enter.
2. Now, you can see the browsing data on your screen.
3. Then, enable the cookies & cache option and tap “clear browsing data” button.
4. It takes some time to clear your browsing data of Chrome. So, wait till complete. That’s all you fixed the SPDY protocol error with the help of above steps.
Methods 3. Flush DNS Cache And Renew IP Address
Now, we are moving to the next method of procedure to fix SPDY protocol chrome error. So, just follow the below steps carefully to Flush DNS cache and Renew IP Address.
1. Go back to your desktop and open Command prompt.
2. After that, type “ipconfig/flushdns” and then click Enter.
3. Now, again type as “ipconfig/renew” in command prompt and then tap Enter.
4. Once you entered the above commands, you’ll be greeted with the screen something similar to below.
That’s all, you learned all three proven techniques to fix your chrome SPDY protocol error.
All these above methods are proven and help you out from the err_spdy_protocol error. And, if any of the above methods didn’t fix your error, then try to uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome again. All methods which are mentioned above in this article will not take much time to resolve your problem. So, be calm and cool you can fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Chrome issue very easily.
We hope this article is indeed a useful one which gives you the necessary information. If you have any comments/suggestions, kindly write to us in the comment section below.